Friday, October 7, 2011

celebrate

My sweet boy is transitioning to his crib in his nursery, which is, like an eternity's walk away from our bedroom.  He has slept downstairs in his crib successfully for the past three nights! The nursery is so adorable, and I'm glad we're finally using it, but it does seem a little too far away from me. 
It really only bothers me when I'm getting ready to go to sleep, but thankfully I'm so exhausted I have no energy to worry too much about it.  It's only problematic when I'm stumbling downstairs at 2:30 a.m. to feed him. 
I'm excited about this transition; it will be good to have a bedroom that doesn't contain more than one of the following: diapers, a diaper genie, a vaporizer, a collection of pacifiers, board books, baby lotion, etc.  I can have an adult bedroom again! 
On the other hand, I'm going to miss his little noises at night.  Yes, they woke me up, but they were also sweet.  It's just really cool how every day is a new little change, a new transition, another step towards his growth :)

No comments:

Post a Comment