Friday, December 16, 2011

Poppies will put them to sleeeeep.... Sleeeeeep

So my baby slept from 8:15 last night until 6:15 this morning. 

It.
Was.
Marvelous.

I can't even remember the last time I had 8 consecutive hours of sleep.  It truly is a beautiful thing.  My neck doesn't feel tight.  My eyes weren't baggy and squinchy this morning when I woke up.  I actually feel rested. 

My friend Austin asked me the other day what to do to prepare for the baby he and his wife are expecting in June.  I said sleep now, while you can.  He laughed - because he doesn't get it yet. 

Nothing can quite prepare you for the lack of sleep that just becomes a part of life when you're a parent.  It's not like college - where you choose not to sleep all week so you can study (i.e., party) but then make up by gorging on sleep all of Sunday. 

There IS no making up for it --
until your baby decides to let you.
(Thank you, Miles!)

Now if I could just figure out how to fit in exercise, I think I might have this juggling act / parent thing down!

No comments:

Post a Comment