Monday, December 12, 2011

Little Crawler

This weekend my little man started learning how to crawl.  It was so amazing watching him understand the cause / effect relationthip.  Move leg, push with foot, support with arms.  We motivated him with a remote on the carpet situated just far enough out of reach - this could probably be a commentary on our society's dependance on technology, but whatever!  It got him to do it!  By the way, he was also motivated by his plastic trumpet, so maybe that means he'll grow up to be a wonderful musician like his Daddy.  But probably it just means he likes the color yellow.

Either way, I was very proud of him.  It is so rewarding to see him experience for the first time things that I take for granted every day.  Like words and food and moving my body.  He's learning new things all the time.  Some of them are sweet, like his ability to recognize faces and voices.  And some of them are not so sweet, like this very male grunting thing he's doing now. 
But I feel lucky to be a part of it all. 

My baby is crawling!  Time to put up the baby gates and plug the outlets!

No comments:

Post a Comment