Monday, December 5, 2011

Morning Commute

Two things of interest happened this cold Monday on our way to school.

When I was backing out of my garage, I "shushed" the car.  Seriously. 

Sunny (that's my car) always goes "beep beep beep" when I put her in reverse -- it's to politely remind me not to hit the side of the garage.  This morning I said "Sh Sh Sh" in response. 

I guess once you're a mama, you're liable to go maternal on everybody, including inanimate objects. 

On the ride in, Miles was chilling in the backseat, looking adorable as usual with his little hat on and pacifier in, tugging on the toy dangling from his carseat handle.  I'm currently obsessed with Brandi Carlile, thanks to the amazing concert I went to Friday night, so I was jamming to her album Give Up the Ghost, and I got a little teary at the first line of the song "If There Was No You."  I had to play it over again at least three times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHolyGQy0mU

She sings "When I see myself I'm seeing you too... nothing you could do could make me turn my back on you."  I thought of my little man and how much he has changed my life.  How I can't wait to see what he does and who he becomes. 

And I felt incredibly grateful. 

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment